Return / Exchange Policies
At The HomeSource Store, your total satisfaction is our top priority. Your purchase is backed by a 30-day return/exchange guarantee* and each appliance is fully covered by the original manufacturer’s warranty. Special care is taken to ensure each shipment is sent out properly packaged and 100% insured.
In-store purchase return & exchange policy:
If a return is made for any reason other than damage or malfunction, a $149.99 pickup or delivery charge and a minimum 25% restocking fee may be assessed to each returned item. All special order items require a 50% nonrefundable deposit. All trim kits and custom panels are nonrefundable. For further assistance on returns and exchanges, please contact your sales associate or a Customer Service Representative. To contact Customer Service, text or call (320) 583-1155.
In order to help us serve you better, please be ready to provide the model number and serial number of the unit you would like to return or exchange.
Store Return Policy
We want you to be satisfied with your retail purchase.
If you are not satisfied, you may return your purchase in its original packaging, within 30 days from the purchase date. Exceptions are noted below.
- Labor, delivery, installation and/or disposal charges
- Items that are damaged or missing accessories such as remote controls, cords, cables, manuals, etc.
- Special Order Items
A 25% restocking fee is charged for:
- Home Appliances that have been installed, or which the original packaging is damaged
- Home Electronics that are approved for return without the original box, opened, used, or without all of the original product packaging and accessories
Special Order items, items not in like-new condition, clearance items or items not complete that are approved for return.
Freight Delivery: If your order is delivered via freight shipping:
- You will get a phone call 24 hours in advance on when the delivery will occur.
- Freight delivery is a curbside delivery, no in-home delivery or set-up.
- No haul-away of old appliances. This is your responsibility.
- You MUST open and inspect all items before signing off with the shipping carrier, if not we are not responsible for any damage.
- - Immediately take pictures.
- - Document the damage with the shipping carrier.
- - Notify us immediately. – If this is not done and you receive a damaged item, we are not responsible for any expenses. Items need to be inspected as you receive them from the shipping carrier. Following the procedure above will help us get reimbursed from the manufacture and/or shipping carrier.
- If you reject shipment for any reason other than damage, you will be responsible for the freight cost to not only ship the item to you, but to return it to our warehouse, plus a 25% restocking fee.
How to handle shipping damage
All shipments sent out by The HomeSource Store are insured. We strongly suggest that you inspect your product(s) thoroughly before accepting and signing for them.
Container / packaging damage
If the container or product package shows evidence of damage, note it specifically on the delivery receipt and have the carrier agent acknowledge by signing. Contact us within 24 hours to report. Call (320) 583-1155
Damage during delivery
Customer shall not hold The HomeSource Store liable for damage that is not recorded at the time of delivery. When our specialists complete your delivery, you will be asked to acknowledge the delivery with your signature. If there is a problem with your delivery, explain the problem in writing prior to signing. Your signature, without having written about a problem in delivery, means that you have accepted the appliance as delivered in good order, and that we have not damaged your property in any way during delivery.
Dealing with defective merchandise
Nearly all products offered by The HomeSource Store include a limited manufacturer’s defect warranty (see warranty information enclosed with the product for complete details). If you receive a product that is functionally defective, contact us at (320) 583-1155.
We will arrange to have your products serviced by an authorized technician (when applicable). The HomeSource Store reserves the right to service and repair all defective merchandise prior to authorizing an exchange. If product is deemed irreparable by an authorized service technician, product will be exchanged at no additional cost to you.